To request a review copy of any of Russell’s books, email email@example.com. Please indicate which book you are interested in, and your preferred format.
Russell Phillips writes books and articles about military technology and history. Born and brought up in a mining village in South Yorkshire, they have lived and worked in South Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Cumbria and Staffordshire. Russell has always had a deep interest in history and conflicts all over the world, and enjoys sharing their knowledge with others through clear, factual accounts which shine a light on events of the past.
Their articles have been published in Miniature Wargames, Wargames Illustrated, The Wargames Website, and the Society of Twentieth Century Wargamers’ Journal. They have been interviewed on BBC Radio Stoke, The WW2 Podcast, Cold War Conversations, and The Voice of Russia. They currently live in Stoke-on-Trent with their wife and two children.
An award-winning author of military technology and history, Russell has been interviewed on various podcasts and radio shows.
Five Fun Facts About Russell
- Russell proposed to their wife on Hadrian’s Wall
- They are fascinated by maps and have contributed data to OpenStreetMap
- Russell took part in a historical education project at Southsea Castle for several years
- They once sold three-armed teddy bears for the Hitch-Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy fan club
- In 2015, Russell and their son cut off their hair to raise money for children still suffering from the Chernobyl disaster
Series: Weapons and Equipment of the Warsaw Pact
- Tanks and Combat Vehicles of the Warsaw Pact (one-sheet)
- Combat Engineering Equipment of the Warsaw Pact (one-sheet)
- Artillery of the Warsaw Pact (one-sheet)
- Weapons and Equipment of the Warsaw Pact (one-sheet)
- A Strange Campaign: The Battle for Madagascar (one-sheet)
- The Bear’s Claws: A Novel of World War III (one-sheet)
- A Ray of Light: Reinhard Heydrich, Lidice, and the North Staffordshire Miners (one-sheet)
- Operation Nimrod: The Iranian Embassy Siege (one-sheet)
- A Fleet in Being: Austro-Hungarian Warships of WW1 (one-sheet)
- The Bear Marches West: 12 Scenarios for 1980s NATO vs Warsaw Pact Wargames (one-sheet)
- A Damn Close-Run Thing: A Brief History of the Falklands Conflict (one-sheet)
- This We’ll Defend: The Weapons and Equipment of the U.S. Army (one-sheet)