Phone: 01782 478963
To request a review copy of any of Russell’s books, email firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate which book you are interested in, and your preferred format.
Russell Phillips writes military history and RPG books. Born and brought up in a mining village in South Yorkshire, they have lived and worked in South Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Cumbria and Staffordshire. Russell has always had a deep interest in history and conflicts all over the world, and enjoys sharing their knowledge with others through clear, factual accounts which shine a light on events of the past.
Their articles have been published in Miniature Wargames, Wargames Illustrated, The Wargames Website, and the Society of Twentieth Century Wargamers’ Journal. They have been interviewed on WW2TV, BBC Radio Stoke, The WW2 Podcast, and Cold War Conversations. They currently live in Stoke-on-Trent with their wife and two children.
An award-winning author of military technology and history, Russell has been interviewed on radio, YouTube, and podcasts.
Five Fun Facts About Russell
- Russell proposed to their wife on Hadrian’s Wall
- They are fascinated by maps and have contributed data to OpenStreetMap
- Russell took part in a historical education project at Southsea Castle for several years
- They once sold three-armed teddy bears for the Hitch-Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy fan club
- In 2015, Russell and their son cut off their hair to raise money for children still suffering from the Chernobyl disaster
Click on a photo to see the full-size image.
Series: Weapons and Equipment of the Warsaw Pact
- Tanks and Combat Vehicles of the Warsaw Pact (one-sheet)
- Combat Engineering Equipment of the Warsaw Pact (one-sheet)
- Artillery of the Warsaw Pact (one-sheet)
- Weapons and Equipment of the Warsaw Pact (one-sheet)
- A Strange Campaign: The Battle for Madagascar (one-sheet)
- A Ray of Light: Reinhard Heydrich, Lidice, and the North Staffordshire Miners (one-sheet)
- Operation Nimrod: The Iranian Embassy Siege (one-sheet)
- A Fleet in Being: Austro-Hungarian Warships of WW1 (one-sheet)
- The Bear Marches West: 12 Scenarios for 1980s NATO vs Warsaw Pact Wargames (one-sheet)
- A Damn Close-Run Thing: A Brief History of the Falklands Conflict (one-sheet)
- This We’ll Defend: The Weapons and Equipment of the U.S. Army (one-sheet)
- The Epiphany Club and the Great Library of Alexandria: A Steampunk campaign for RISUS: The Anything RPG (one-sheet)
- The Newspaper: A SHGGFTAWSGDSSFDF Delivery (one-sheet)
- The Bear’s Claws: A Novel of World War III (one-sheet)