To request a review copy of any of Russell’s books, email . Please indicate which book you are interested in, and your preferred format.
Russell Phillips writes books and articles about military technology and history. Born and brought up in a mining village in South Yorkshire, he has lived and worked in South Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Cumbria and Staffordshire. His articles have been published in Miniature Wargames, Wargames Illustrated, The Wargames Website, and the Society of Twentieth Century Wargamers’ Journal. He has been interviewed on BBC Radio Stoke, The WW2 Podcast, and The Voice of Russia. He currently lives in Stoke-on-Trent with his wife and two children.
An award-winning author of military technology and history, Russell has been interviewed on various podcasts and radio shows.
Five Fun Facts About Russell
- Russell proposed to his wife on Hadrian’s Wall
- He is fascinated by maps, and has contributed data to OpenStreetMap
- Russell took part in a historical education project at Southsea Castle for several years
- He once sold three-armed teddy bears for the Hitch-Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy fan club
- In 2015, Russell and his son cut off their hair to raise money for children still suffering from the Chernobyl disaster
Click on an image for the full size version.
Series: Weapons and Equipment of the Warsaw Pact
- Tanks and Combat Vehicles of the Warsaw Pact (one-sheet)
- Combat Engineering Equipment of the Warsaw Pact (one-sheet)
- Artillery of the Warsaw Pact (one-sheet)
- Weapons and Equipment of the Warsaw Pact (one-sheet)
- The Bear’s Claws: A Novel of World War III (one-sheet)
- A Ray of Light: Reinhard Heydrich, Lidice, and the North Staffordshire Miners (one-sheet)
- Operation Nimrod: The Iranian Embassy Siege (one-sheet)
- A Fleet in Being: Austro-Hungarian Warships of WW1 (one-sheet)
- The Bear Marches West: 12 Scenarios for 1980s NATO vs Warsaw Pact Wargames (one-sheet)
- A Damn Close-Run Thing: A Brief History of the Falklands Conflict (one-sheet)
- This We’ll Defend: The Weapons and Equipment of the U.S. Army (one-sheet)